Avecko Haul Pt. 1: Shingmulnara

Hey, so I haven't posted about my full Avecko haul here yet but I thought I would just share three of the products I picked up from a brand that's not very well known. 식물나라 or Shingmulnara is an oliveyoung in-store brand(and therefore owned by the CJ conglomerate).  The name Shingmulnara means Plant Land/Kingdom/World depending how you translate it. Isn't that adorable? They have some pretty neat products and I picked up a couple to try through Avecko, a buying service. Click to read more!



The first product I bought from Shingmulnara was the Rose Hydrating Mask. Here's a translation of the info I could find on it:

Shingmulnara Rose Hydrating Mask 
This mask is a vivid and lively skin supplement that contains water and intensely moisturizing rose petals. 
1. The real rose petals, rose real energy! Gel filled with visible rose flower leaves that moisturize skin without creating acne! 
2. Intensive hydrating moisturizing mask animation! The mask helps replenish moisture and revitalizes rough skin with rose water containing moisturizing ingredients and aqua complexes. 
3. 식물나라 마스크는 화학성분 4??첨가! 서페이트류 계면할성제 실리콘오일 공몰성오일 아클럴아마드 무첨가 (couldn't translate this one – said something about blocking oil production? idk). 
how to use after washing: spread on dry face. After 10-15 minutes, wash gently with lukewarm water.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, betaine, French rose flower extract, Centella asiatica extract, fig extract, Portulaca Oleracea extract, kudzu root extract, licorice extract, peony extract, Cnidium extract, aloe vera leaf extract, Hollyhock extract, elm root Extract, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed extract, Polyoxyethylene Hydrogenated Castor Oil, damask rose flower extract, soluble collagen, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, sodium hyaluronate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, 1,2-hexanediol, Carbomer, xanthan gum, glyceryl polymethacrylate, potassium hydroxide, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Ethylhexylglycerin, caramel, Disodium EDTA, propylene glycol, Xylitylglucoside, xylitol, gum arabic, ceramides 3, xylitol, fragrance, phenoxyethanol, Red No. 227
I was in the market for a wash-off mask and I've been pretty obsessed with rose lately (thanks su:m37) so I was excited to find this. It's really cool and refreshing on the skin, and seems to help my other products last on my skin longer without me reapplying. My dry patches don't show up as quickly when I use it. It only cost about 10, 000 won for 100ml of products so it was a good buy in all. If you're doing any skincare shopping through a buying service or in person (lucky you!) go check this out on oliveyoung. Shingmulnara is only available at oliveyoung.



This product starts to leak if you leave it on its side. I think it has to do with the lid combined with the texture of the product – another product I recently bought has the same type of lid and leaked on its way to me.

You can see the rose pulp. It's not as big or as solid as the rose petals in the MRCS and they disintegrate if you really touch them. I wonder if it's really rose petals...

Here's what it looks like when the mask is applied.

And here's what it looks like when it dries. There's a bit of rose petal on my hand if you can see it. I have a microscopic before and after as well. It may not be that visible of a difference but I like to think that it just hydrates enough. I have other products that I use after this one for hydrating as well. 



The next product is The Mild Bubble Cleanser (also from Shingmulnara). Here's all the info I could find on this product:

Shingmulnara The Mild Bubble Cleanser 
Easily comfort sensitive skin! 
5.5 pH-balanced Bubble Cleanser
A pH-balanced bubble cleanser made with mild ingredients for fragile and sensitive skin that can be used without burden. Let’s all have a more gentle cleansing experience! Dense and soft foam keeps the skin richly moisturized while cleaning away impurities!
1. Mild and pH-balanced foam is perfect for sensitive skin! Has a pH between 5.0~6.0 and is perfect for fragile and sensitive skin.
2. Cleans away impurities while retaining moisture! Gentle foam cleans and removes impurities while retaining moisture in the skin.
3. Calendula for an even gentler cleansing experience! Calendula extract revitalizes and soothes the skin.
Shingmulnara Mild Bubble Cleanser Made with good ingredients and without additives like sulphates, talc, mineral oil, and treithanolamine.
How to use: 1. Shake the bottle and pump out the cleanser 2-3 times. 2. Apply the gentle and dense foam to face and gently massage. Rinse with lukewarm water.
Recommended for those looking for: 1. An easy-to-use mild pH-balanced cleanser.  2. A cleanser that produces soft and dense foam. 
Ingredients: Distilled Water, Glycerin, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Potassium Cocoyl Glycinate, Polysorbate 20, Decyl Glucoside, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Broccoli Sprout Extract, Rapeseed Sprout Extract, Kale Leaf Extract, Sunflower Sprout Extract, Lemon Peel Oil, Scots Pine Leaf Oil, Lavender Oil, Orange Peel Oil, Geranium Flower Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Ylang-Ylang Flower Oil, Betaine, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate.


The fact that the company advertised the pH of the cleanser at 5.5~6 made me really excited to try it out. I've been looking for a gentle foaming cleanser to use with my visapure so the self-foaming head seemed like a good idea. Unfortunately, I've been disappointed by the quality of foam that comes out of the pump. The first few times I used the cleanser I got the type of foam you would expect with type of product but lately I've been getting what you see below. I think it may have to do with the product itself because it is no longer available on oliveyoung. Anyway, it is very gentle (more gentle than the MRCS) so it's extra disappointing that I can't recommend it because of foaming issues. It was only 9, 000 won so it wasn't a huge loss.



So the final product I bought from this brand is one that I won't be testing for awhile – Shingmulnara's Calendula Moisture Calming Cream. The best part is that it came with a decent-sized sample of the toner which I eventually decided not to pick up. I haven't translated anything on this product yet but will do so when I end up reviewing it. There's also a Calendula Calming Mask from Shingmulnara as well. This cream cost 14, 000 won.






Weirdly, oliveyoung has taken all of the Shingmulnara products off their website (as in, within the last 24 hours). How crazy is that?! I don't know what's going on with this brand or with oliveyoung at the moment – maybe they're stopping production? It's a shame because these are some nice products for a very nice price. Anywho, I will keep checking back and keep this post updated if the brand every comes back. Thanks for reading. I wanted to share this brand with you guys but it seems like it no longer exists! At this point, the only product not on the site is The Mild Bubble Cleanser.

EDIT: So I don't know what I was doing earlier but it seems to be working now. If you wanna find out about these products for yourself click here and type 식물나라 into the search bar. I'm lusting over that rice scrub it looks amazing for sensitive skin!

I'll do a full post on my Avecko haul (and the hauls I made after it!!!) soon. See ya!

4 comments:

  1. Darien Chen (PicoPrince)January 21, 2015 at 11:22 AM

    I think the foaming issue is with the packaging maybe! It seems like a nice cleanser anyways! That rose mask looks awesome though! Great review and I love the nice photos :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I might try using a foaming net to get the foam the way I want. The mask is really nice so far.

      Delete
  2. Such pretty pictures and a lovely review! How bizarre that it's all gone down, maybe a rebranding?

    Also, it's super awesome to see another WOC reviewing Asian Beauty products, I don't see that many around ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks! I check out your blog on a fairly regular basis as well – I love that you take the risk and use korean makeup as well.

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric