ACWELL Aqua Clinity Cream Double Moisture

Hey y'all! I've got a review for you. Click below to read more!








Today I'm going to be reviewing ACWELL's Aqua Clinity Cream in Double Moisture. There are two other types of this cream (in white and blue jars) for anti-aging and for oily skin. This one is for dry skin. I've seen the blue jar posted a lot on korean blogs so it might be a great moisturizer for oilier skin. This one attracted my attention because of the words double moisture. DOUBLE MOISTURE. An amazing claim, especially since I had yet to find a korean cream that could tame my desert-like face. Here's what the advertising looks like for the product if you want more information (taken from BNK).








The cream comes in this weighted frosted glass jar with a metallic lid. It's crazy oversized for something that only has 50ml of product. I paid around $24 CAD for this through ebay and it is available on korean sites for a similar price.
Ingredients 
Water, Glycerin, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cycohexasiloxane, Cetaryl Alcohol, 1,2-Hexanediol,  Bis-Stearyl Dimethicone, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, C14-22 Alochols,  Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, Panthenol, PEG-100 Stearate, Jojoba Esters, Sucrose Laurate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, PoncirusTrifoliata FruitExtract, Niacinamide, Behenyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Lecithin, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Bisabolol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Exract, Tromethamine, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Carbomer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cholestorol, Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hexylene Glycol, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Aspartic Acid, Hexyl Nicotinate, Opuntia Humifusa Fruit Extract,  Acetyl Glucosamine, Disodium EDTA, Ceramide 3, Phytosphingosine, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract, Amino Esters-1, Curcama Longa (Tumeric) Root Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Citrus Aurantium Dulscis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Pelagonium Gaveolens Flower Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Vetiveria Zizanoides Root Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Eugenia Caryophllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Elettaria Cardamomum Seed Oil, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Tagetes Minuta Flowe Oil, Rose Flower Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Flower/Leaf Extract, Ocimum SanctumLeaf Extract, Pearl Powder, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Pooenia Albiflora Root Extract, Cimicifuga Dahurica Root Extract, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract

Look at that ingredient list... I was questioning my entire life as I typed it up. This was what was in the product that I love so much??!?! Good thing I didn't look at it before I started using it. I love that it has Squalane, Ceramide, and Urea (!!) which are all great for dry skin. I don't really love the fact that it has photosensitizing ingredients like the lemon/orange oils and the licorice extract. I also really question if so many chemicals were necessary to make a cream like this.... Like I said – good thing I read this after I had already fallen in love with the product.



It's a very light scented cream that spreads very easily (which I now know is because of the silicones). Despite the fact that it spreads easily, the cream really is quite thick. It sits on the skin for awhile before being fully absorbed, especially when I use a ton of moisturizing products before the cream. When I apply a little too much it makes me look like a ghost. I love it.




This is what it looks like when I've just spread the product out a little bit. And below is what it looks like when I've done my best to rub it in fully. Like I said earlier, it leaves this layer that just sits on top of the skin for a bit. It's fantastic.



Despite discovering the horrifying ingredient list I'm still in love with this cream. It just works. It's the first time that I've found an asian cream to really be moisturizing enough for my skin and I'm so glad I have it in my arsenal for these winter months. I haven't really noticed any lightening or brightening effects from this product in particular, but the moisturizing effects are undeniable.

Unfortunately, Beautynetkorea was selling this on ebay but I'm not sure what happened because I can't find any ACWELL products on the (non-korean) internet. My next ACWELL purchases will be through Avecko it seems. :(

If you have dry skin in desperate need of moisture and can't find any asian creams that work for your skin I recommend hunting this down. It's officially my first HG item and one that I know I will be re-buying (through any means necessary).

✮✮✮✮✮ / ✮✮✮✮✮

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, this sounds terrific. I have dry skin and am always looking out for a good moisturizer. Call me weird, but I sort of like moisturizers that don't fully absorb right away. --Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds pretty interesting! I am not sure if any cream is better for super dry skin than my beloved Vanpir cream but I am always up to challenge that. I hope they sell it again on ebay since making an order from Korea isn't feasible for me at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds lovely - I noticed on r/AB that you also picked up the ACwell Bubble Free pH Balancing Cleanser. I'm really interested in it. Have you had a chance to find/translate the ingredients list? TIA, --kormoran_fly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really appreciate all the stuff made by this blog to let people know more about this topic. I added little more relevant points to my knowledge which definitely going to help me in coming future.เครื่องสำอางเกาหลี

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric