The Face Shop Rice Ceramide Moisture Cream

Long time no see! I'm back to blogging because winter = renewed interest in skincare. I live in a really cold part of Canada and my poor skin is already feeling the effects of the cold weather. That same cold weather was what motivated me to pick up this cream! Onwards to the review!





I picked this up from The Face Shop in my city because I needed a cold weather cream and I had heard a lot of great things about Ceramide creams. Ceramide cream is a really hot skincare trend right now – there was even a whole segment on it during an episode of Get It Beauty. Ceramides are the main component of the top layer of your skin. A ceramide cream is supposed to replenish the level of ceramides in your skin to help increase moisture levels and prevent aging. The Face Shop isn't the only place that has a ceramide line – Holika Holika also has one, and Dr. Jart has a ceramide line that's really well reviewed.

The jar of cream holds about 45 ml and cost around $6 CAD. Pretty good pricing per ml to me but I am also terrible at math. Anyway, I wanted to use this cream to tide me over as I waited for a couple of products to get delivered so the low price point was extremely attractive.



The cream is lightweight and easily spread and absorbed.  It is also highly fragranced. I usually don't mind scented products but this one smells like straight up perfume. It absorbs extremely quickly and has a nice texture but after an hour or two my skin was dry again. This product also gave me some weird bumps on my face after a few uses. It wasn't milia and it wasn't acne but I tried to use this product regularly at two different points and had the same reaction. At this point, I've repurposed the cream and now use it as a hand cream.


In all, the cream isn't really effective as a face cream (and it's barely effective as a hand cream). It's highly fragranced and not nearly moisturizing enough. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

✮ / ✮✮✮✮✮

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric