Missha Super Aqua Oxygen Micro Visible Deep Cleanser

Today I'm reviewing a cleanser that kinda blew up in popularity pretty recently. It's the Missha Super Aqua Oxygen Micro Visible Deep Cleanser – longest product name ever! There's quite a few reviews out there already but I figured I'd share mine for an alternate perspective.



So the cleanser comes in the container above.  It's pretty solidly built (I may have dropped it a few times...) and surprisingly lightweight. I don't have a picture of the pump itself but it's kinda weird and annoying to clean.


The texture of this cleanser starts out as this weird goopy thing you see above. It's cooling and feels nice on the skin. It has a very nice and light scent that has yet to bother me. There's about a half a pump of product on my hand above. I found that it doesn't spread very easily across my face and I would usually have to use 2 or 3 pumps to cover my face for cleansing. That ends up being a lot of product per use.


Eventually, the goop starts to bubble. You can feel it on your skin as it bubbles. It takes around 40 seconds, I would say, before you have enough bubbles to work with. You have to spread the product fairly well for the bubbles to form quickly – see that bit next to my thumb? You can see below how raised up the bubbles are. It forms a soft but dense foam – the kind that you can make with a foaming net when you use too much cleanser and not enough water.




A couple of people over on the asian beauty reddit tested this and found that it has the optimal / near-optimal pH level. That's awesome – especially because this is a lot more affordable than some of the other pH-friendly cleansers (MRCS ahem). A lot of people who have used it really like it.

I also, initially, really liked this product. I liked that it foamed up on its own, which meant reduced irritation for my skin and no need for a foaming net (and potential germ magnet). I also liked the results I was getting. That was during the hottest part of the summer and that's the only time I could ever really see myself using this product again. I found that, outside that small window of almost-oily skin during June/July, this product was way too drying on my already-dry skin. And when my skin was drier, the type of foam formed was also more irritating on my skin.

Anyway, I still recommend this product because even though it wasn't right for my skin it might be perfect for yours! It has a lot of great qualities and, most of all, is pretty affordable so check it out if you're in the market for a new cleanser.

✮✮✮ / ✮✮✮✮✮ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric